The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the leading international body for marketing and business development, based in the United Kingdom.
CIM develops the marketing profession and the people within it for the benefit of the economy and the society.
This is done by defining the marketing standards that operate in the UK and by championing best practice globally. CIM exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners, enabling them to deliver exceptional results for their organisations.
This is done by providing membership, qualifications and training to marketing professionals around the world. The CIM CPD programme awards Chartered Marketer status to those members who keep their professional knowledge up-to-date.
CIM’s qualifications are awarded throughout a global network of over 190 study centres through which over 12,500 students study for its qualifications; this is also alongside the 120 training courses that we have in our portfolio which saw 3,000 marketers trained in a year.
With members in over 130 countries, CIM is the only marketing body with the authority of the Queen’s Privy Council to award the Chartered Marketer Status.
There are a variety of memberships available:
- Studying membership: For those wishing to study our qualifications (£144 – £224 depending on level)
- Affiliate Professional: For professionals who are actively engaged in, considering a career in, or have an active interest in marketing. (£144)
- Associate (ACIM): For those with qualifications in marketing that meet required criteria. (£166)
- Member (MCIM): For those with both marketing qualifications and practical experience that meet required criteria. (£189)
- Fellow (FCIM): For members who hold senior marketing positions that meet required criteria. (£220)
- Access to Marketing Expert: A hub of practical and informative guides and templates to support our members.
- Access to Marketing Resources: A huge online knowledge base which includes wide variety of cutting edge research papers, market reports and case studies
- Cutting Edge: A weekly e-bulletin rounds up the essential marketing news
- Career and Professional Development Centre: Access to our career advisory service for marketing professionals at any stage of their career.
- The Marketer magazine: Innovative articles from global experts Marketing research: Priority, or exclusive, access to our research and Global Benchmarking papers
- Market Interest Groups: Specialist communities focused on a particular sector of business
- Regional network: Members can network and connect with fellow members in their local area.
Publications: The Marketer